Why Attend a Family Gathering?
Families of Parishes evolved with the lay faithful in mind.
- Families of Parishes are for the benefit of lay faithful.
- We are the Body of Christ.
- We are meant to worship as community.
- We need the Sacraments to sanctify and build up the Body of Christ and to give worship to God. CCC 1122
- If there are not enough priests to minister to each individual parish, the grace of the sacraments will not be available to us.
- We need to come together as one Body.
- Come and meet the other parishes in your family, learn about their unique characteristics. Participate in discussions with other members of your family.
- Hear stories from lay persons in dioceses that have already participated in such a transition.
- We learn through the experiences of others.
- Begin the chapter of journeying in faith with many other Catholics in your community.
- You may see them every day but have never met.
- This is what being a joyful missionary disciple is about.
- Be a witness to your faith.
Family Gathering #3, Witness, Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 6PM.
This third gathering will encourage Family members to celebrate together as a Family, receiving the grace that comes with confidently witnessing to the Gospel.
St. Thomas the Apostle, 31530 Beechwood St, Garden City, MI 48135