Why Attend a Family Gathering?
Families of Parishes evolved with the lay faithful in mind.
- Families of Parishes are for the benefit of lay faithful.
- We are the Body of Christ.
- We are meant to worship as community.
- We need the Sacraments to sanctify and build up the Body of Christ and to give worship to God. CCC 1122
- If there are not enough priests to minister to each individual parish, the grace of the sacraments will not be available to us.
- We need to come together as one Body.
- Come and meet the other parishes in your family, learn about their unique characteristics. Participate in discussions with other members of your family.
- Hear stories from lay persons in dioceses that have already participated in such a transition.
- We learn through the experiences of others.
- Begin the chapter of journeying in faith with many other Catholics in your community.
- You may see them every day but have never met.
- This is what being a joyful missionary disciple is about.
- Be a witness to your faith.
Family Gathering #1, Encounter, Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 6PM.
Parishioners from all parishes in the Family. This is an opportunity to get to know one another and to encounter Jesus through new relationships as brothers and sisters.
Family Gathering #2, Grow, Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 6PM.
This second gathering is about beginning to grow together as disciples through the creation of relationships founded in faith.
Family Gathering #3, Witness, Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 6PM.
This third gathering will encourage Family members to celebrate together as a Family, receiving the grace that comes with confidently witnessing to the Gospel.