Kids Coalition Against Hunger
ALL AGES FAMILY AND PARISH EVENT SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2019
MAIN EVENT: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 NOON
PLUS SET UP AND TEAR DOWN SHIFTS
St. Mary, Cause of Our Joy Social Halls
Build and Pack 10,000 Meals
Packaged food benefits our local community in Westland and Wayne
Open to EVERYONE, All Ages Welcome – From Kindergarten to the Young at Heart
St. Mary, Cause of Our Joy is pleased to partner with Kids Coalition Against Hunger on Saturday, December 7 and we need EVERYONE’s help in order to make this event a HUGE Success.
Roles Needed for the event:
- 8:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – set up 12 volunteers (need to be able to let 50 lbs. – will help us tables and unload and load trailer with all the food and stay to pack up the trailer at the end if you could.
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Line leaders ( oversee packaging volunteers at table and keep food bins full) – Training provided: 8 volunteers – Adults age 18 and order
- 10:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. – Packaging 100 volunteers needed – All ages – Age Kindergarten and up are welcome. Children in Kindergarten, Grade 1 or Grade 2 need to be accompanied by parent or guardian at the event.
- 12:00 p.m. p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Clean up/tear down and load truck (able to lift 50 lbs) – 12 volunteers
How do we accomplish this? By delivering a highly nutritious meal, that was developed by food scientists to provide a rich source of easily digestible protein, carbohydrates, and vitamins needed by an undernourished child’s body and mind. The food is also acceptable to the broad diversity of ethnic tastes and religious differences around the world. The food offers all nine of the essential amino acids required for complete nutrition, something that can’t be said about other typical food relief sources such as rice or beans alone. It is also very simple to prepare, requiring only six cups of boiling water to make a complete meal.
How do you sign up?
- Online via signupgenius.com today via website link – HERE
- Parish office during the weekdays
- Monday evenings during Faith formation class time
Financial Donation? We have raised $1450 towards the $3000 that is needed to pay for food that we are purchasing to build the 10,300 meals. If you would like to make a donation you can make a check payable to Kids Coalition Against Hunger or make a cash donation at the parish office during the day or faith formation class times on Monday evening. Every donation no matter the size helps us to reach our goal. If each person coming brings $10.00 to donate towards the event we will reach our goal.
Any questions about this event please contact Carol Nelius, Coordinator of Youth Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 734-765-5525
Kids Coalition Against Hunger is a 501 c(3) humanitarian food relief organization whose mission is to significantly reduce the number of hungry children in the USA and feed starving children throughout the world.