The Pastoral musician, in cooperation and with the assistance of all the parish ministers, supports the Gospel message through song and prayer, challenging the assembly to live their faith more fully. Instrumentalists are heartily welcome!
- St. Mary, Cause of Our Joy Catholic Church Choir
- St. Mary, Cause of Our Joy Catholic Church Children’s Choir
- Attend regular rehearsals and other choir events throughout the year.
- Participation in weekend Liturgies throughout the year (generally September through Pentecost)
- The ability to sing in tune and along with others. The ability to be able to pray freely with others, including the congregation
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
Under the Code of Canon Law, in certain circumstances, the distribute Holy Communion can be performed by the laity when the number of deacons or priests are not sufficient. If you are interested in becoming an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, please contact the parish office to find out the when the next training section will be held.
At St. Mary, Cause of Our Joy Catholic Church our lectors serve on a two person team. You must be a registered member of the parish, 16 years old, and have gone through lector training.
Being a server means serving God and God’s people at Mass. As servers give themselves to help the priest and people worship better, they also receive God’s help and blessing.
Who can become an Altar Server?
- In the 3rd grade or older
- Has made their First Communion
Training is held once a year. The training date will be announced in the bulletin or contact the parish office to find out the when the next training section will be held.
Usher and Greeter
What we do?
- We are the front line of welcoming all people to Mass at St. Mary, Cause of Our Joy Catholic Church.
- Give a bulletin to everyone and assist those who need help of any kind as they enter the building.
- We help with collecting the Offertory Collection at Mass.
- Give assistance to the disabled and ill during Mass.
- Maintain order and flow at various services
- Assist at various parish functions when called upon.
- Serve as gracious hosts to the congregation and assist with any problems that arise before, during, or following Mass.
We are always in need of Ushers/Greeters. We have one team that is assigned to each mass. Everyone is welcomed to be an Usher/Greeter – Men, Women, adults and teens!